Location: Zimbabwe Experience - 7 to 10 years
The client is looking for a passionate, energetic and self-motivated individual to head the Sales of Digital Payments services. The individual would bring in expertise, network and relevant industry experience to define a suitable strategy to acquire merchants using the various channels in a cost optimal way.
The head would be required to build a lean team and network of alliances to achieve the defined targets. Further, he would provide valuable merchant and channel insights for continuous enhancements to the platform and would work with operations to streamline the process from lead generation to seamless merchant on boarding. The head of this team will not only be instrumental in bringing sales but also provide valuable insights on strategic business planning. This role brings in the best of both worlds - a start-up and a big stable organisation. Stellar incentive schemes on meeting sales targets would be offered.
Job Description/ Responsibilities -
- Accountable for identifying/defining segmented approach for B2B, B2C, Channel management, and develop and implement the business strategies in line with the Corporate Goals.
- Identify gaps in the value chain, competition mapping and consumer research. Identify and propose new product proposition/features to the end users and B2B/channel.
- Build, lead and manage team of (Regional) Acquisition Executives/Managers - which would entail in hiring, performance management, coaching and mentoring activities tailored to the targeted individual.
- Guide the team to successfully manage the sales process pre sales research; lead generation; credentials pitch; solution pitch; negotiation; close; handover to the operations team.
- Keep abreast of the activities in the market and industry to identify potential targets, opportunities and alliances.
- Responsible to create short term and long term road maps for business development team with focus on the end customer and channel experience.
- Identify suitable incentive schemes and promotional campaigns around the platform for continuous traction of channels and merchants
- Evaluate market trends and gather competitive information, identify trends that effects in current and future growth of regional sales and profitability.
- Create marketing strategies in order to grab the market share and to retain the existing market share in the form of network expansion and development.
- Effectively interact with other departments for seamless handover of leads/sales to business operations (account management, marketing, product and technical teams)
Requirements/ Qualifications -
- 7-10 years of sales experience across relevant Payment Industry or Banking Industry or Merchant acquiring, particularly the SME segment for online businesses.
- Demonstrated solid experience in setting up a sales team from scratch.
- Well networked in the industry to identify quick alliance/ business opportunities.
- Demonstrated strong leadership capabilities & managed teams. Adaptable and motivated to accept & complete challenging tasks.
- Ability to perform under tight deadlines and produce measurable output.
- Adept at thinking on feet and finding solutions to complex problems
- Strong analytical mind set with a bend for data and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Desired Skills & Experience -
- Strategic business planning
- Meeting sales targets
- Channel management
- Evaluate market trends
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior level
Industry - Information Technology and Services , Banking Financial Services
Employment Type - Full-time
To apply please send a email to firstname.lastname@example.org